Bohemian, Moravian, Silesian
Originally a Romanesque church from the 11th century. This period is preserved in one of the towers. It underwent a number of reconstructions, the most important of which took place in the 1480s. It was carried out by H. Spiess from Frankfurt, who, among other things, took part in late Gothic adaptations of the Prague Castle. Under the church presbytery there is an ossuary. Its establishment around the year 1530 is connected with the existence of a cemetery, whose capacity started to be insufficient. Today the ossuary ranks among the most attractive places for tourists.
It contains the remains of 10-15 000 people, who were laid out in the current form by Professor J.Matiegka, the founder of Czech anthropology, at the beginning of World War One. The bones and skulls were arranged in the form of anchor, cross and heart - the symbols of faith, hope and love. At present the Sts Peter and Paul Church, including the ossuary, is under church administration.
SEZNAM ZAŘÍZENÍ V OKOLÍ:
POŘADANÉ AKCE V OBDOBÍ 28.01.2022 AŽ 28.02.2022:
No events found.
Jakému způsobu výběru dovolené dáváte přednost ?
• Doporučení kamaráda
• Sezónní katalog cestovních kanceláří
• Nabídka z reklamních letáků
• Last minute
• Prostřednictvím internetu
Number of contender 69164
Enter your e-mail for sending news from server E-Czechia.cz.
Copying, publishing and spreading of this server www.e-cesko.cz is recommended and acceptable. We hope that users will enjoy using materials from server www.e-cesko.cz and they will spread this address further. Project E-CESKO.cz came in the existence thanks to the government grant of the Ministry of Regional Development of the Czech Republic.