Bohemian, Moravian, Silesian
The stronghold with a 36m-tall round tower was probably built by Hynek Berka of Dubé in the second half of the 14th Century. Since the 17th century it started to deteriorate. There are many legends about robber knights connected with the stronghold. In the 19th Century, it was often depicted by painters as a romantic ruins.
Between 1911 and 1918, it was romantically modified and re-Gothicized by Jan Špaček of Starburg, the last private owner of Kokořín. The building has an elongated ground plan and a 38m-tall tower with a stone helmet. On a staircase leading to the tower, we can find painted emblems of noblemen. In the palace, there are exhibited historical weapons, ceramics and period furniture. There is a sightseeing gallery running along the walls. There are many legends connected to a partially buried well.
The stronghold is opened from April to October, a guided tour lasts 1 hour. The path leading to the stronghold is marked with blue tourist signs. Parking is available in the nearby Kokořínský důl.
SEZNAM ZAŘÍZENÍ V OKOLÍ:
POŘADANÉ AKCE V OBDOBÍ 28.01.2020 AŽ 28.02.2020:
No events found.
Jakému způsobu výběru dovolené dáváte přednost ?
• Doporučení kamaráda
• Sezónní katalog cestovních kanceláří
• Nabídka z reklamních letáků
• Last minute
• Prostřednictvím internetu
Number of contender 63677
Enter your e-mail for sending news from server E-Czechia.cz.
Copying, publishing and spreading of this server www.e-cesko.cz is recommended and acceptable. We hope that users will enjoy using materials from server www.e-cesko.cz and they will spread this address further. Project E-CESKO.cz came in the existence thanks to the government grant of the Ministry of Regional Development of the Czech Republic.